10 Mouth-Watering Southern-Style October Recipes
While in many parts of the country, the weather is turning colder, and there’s even snow on the ground in some places. But we Floridians are fortunate to live in the Sunshine State where it’s almost always sunny. Nevertheless, that doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy the changing of the seasons.
What better way to celebrate the fall months than by dining on a delectable menu of delicious food? We are also blessed to live here in the South, and that means we can enjoy a cornucopia of savory Southern recipes. Dining “Southern Style” is just one of the many reasons we are the envy of the rest of the country.
As your hometown Honda dealership in Gainesville, Florida, we here at Honda of Gainesville are just about as fond of good eating as we are of our great selection of Hondas.
To help your fall dining experience a little easier, we searched cyberspace and discovered these mouth-watering recipes from Southern food expert Diana Rattray at AboutFood.com. These 10 Southern-style October dishes are sure to delight your family and friends; especially as the holiday season approaches.
1. Sweet Potato Casserole – Baked with crunchy goodness, this sweet side dish goes perfectly With Thanksgiving or any other holiday meal.
2. Autumn Pumpkin Pie – No fall dinner table is complete without this autumn classic, spiced with ginger and cinnamon.
3. Pork Loin Roast With Mustard Rub – This wonderfully hearty and flavorful main dish is best served with crisp vegetables and creamy mashed potatoes.
4. Extra-Special Mac & Cheese – Kids of all ages will love this easily prepared dish and so will you. Tangy goat cheese adds a flavorful note.
5. Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting – Who can resist this rich and sweetly satisfying treat?
6. Sweet and Tart Pot Roast – Hearty, savory and oh-so-good, this mouth-watering pot roast balances tangy flavors with sweet spices for an unbeatable combination.
7. Apple Crisp – A crumbly oat and brown sugar topping set this satisfying dessert apart.
8. Baked Stuffed Squash With Beef, Black Beans, And Chili – Add some zesty Tex-Mex flavors to your dinner table with this savory dish.
9. Ritz Cracker Treats With Chocolate Peanut Butter Coating – This crunchy treat is perfect for Halloween parties or just plain snacking. Delicious!
10. Beef Stew With Red Wine – A warm and comforting meal that’s just bursting with flavor. Great with biscuits and a crisp salad.
Hungry For A Great Deal On A New Honda?
We’re serving up some savory deals this fall on our entire lineup of new 2015 Hondas at Honda of Gainesville. Our special offers and incentives are your recipe for fantastic savings. You’ll find an excellent selection of new and used cars in Gainesville at the price you’re looking for. Worried about your credit score? Our Gator Credit will help get you financed. Visit our Gainesville Honda dealership, conveniently located at 3801 N Main St, Gainesville, FL, or reach us by phone at (352) 261-5545.
Photo credits: Diana Rattray, aboutfood.com